Senior PHP/Full stack developer
Work at a fast growing startup in the center of Amsterdam
We are looking for an experienced PHP/Full stack developer who can make a real difference to a fast growing team. Are you someone with their finger on the pulse of developing technologies who always writes qualitatively good code who can play an important role in a growing team, perhaps on a path to a leadership role or even CTO?
We are looking for someone who can develop new APIs and microservices from the bottom up, create fantastic features for customers and automate our infrastructure at every level. Making it as easy as possible for our customers to run their businesses is the most important task, alongside enjoying working with a strong and fun development team.
Fitmanager is an ambitious SaaS company with a young team working on our ambition to develop a strong market position in the global Fitness & Health market!
Fitmanager has developed software and apps for professionals in the Fitness & Health industry. These products help them manage their administration, planning, payments and communication. The software has been developed in collaboration with professionals from different disciplines in this industry, such as owners of a gym, club or studio.
Our ambition is to use technology and automatization to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone.
What will you be working on?
As senior developer you will lead the team in the development of our platform and the planning and execution of that work. Our platform is multi-faceted and complex, but you have the skills to manage and structure this complexity.
In the year ahead there are a number of backend and frontend projects planned in which you will take the lead. Your experience will help with the development of new micro-services, worker processes, APIs and the further automation of our internal processes and infrastructure. You will review the code of other developers and will have a deciding vote in the way that the team will work.
We work with the latest technology and must be agile in our approach. This requires a broad knowledge and the ability to learn quickly in any areas that might be new. You will support your colleagues in the team and as the team continues to grow you should expect to quickly develop into a team leader.
How does a typical day look?
You arrive at the office to find your colleague has arrived just before you and has made coffee. Once everyone has arrived we will begin our weekly kick-off in which everyone will communicate what they worked on last week and what they will be working on in the week to come. There will then be a kick-off for the next two week sprint. Last week you planned this sprint with the product owner in Jura, and now you will work through the final questions. After spending the morning working on a new microservice in Laravel, we will sit down to eat lunch together as a team. In the afternoon you take a call from a colleague based abroad who is working on the implementation of a new BDD test on our Jenkins server. At the end of the day you will review some code for a colleague and deploy a bugfix. You notice in the diary that tomorrow you have a session with the UX designer for the development of a number of new features and then a team dinner with colleagues.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and matching critical thinking skills.
- Strong in managing, structuring and abstracting complex systems.
- Experience working with SaaS products that implement planning modules, subscription management, invoicing, webshop and/or messaging.
- If you have knowledge and experience of payment systems this is a strong advantage..
- You have the ambition to help and manage other developers.
- English is used for communication within the development team so you must have good written and oral communication skills in this language.
- You enjoy the following technical tools:
- PHP 7
- Laravel (Lumen) or Symfony
- TDD and/or BDD
What we offer
- An enjoyable and challenging job in a fast growing team in which you will manage many aspects of our way of working and technology.
- Short communication lines, direct feedback and the freedom to plan your own work to reach the set goals.
- The chance to demonstrate your knowledge and experience as well as learn new skills.
- A fast Macbook Pro and all the tools you need to work quickly and efficiently.
- A good salary and excellent employment conditions.
Are you ready for this challenge? Apply directly for this position or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 06 41298581
NOTE: Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld. Dank u!
NOTE: Acquisition for these vacancy is not appreciated. Thank you!